June 08, 2005

Dance

"It is the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.
It is the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance.
It is the one who will not be taken who cannot seem to give.
And the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live."

Beautiful quote...

Well, I just thought of dancing, out of the blue. I have never learned how to dance and was definitely hesitant to do so, for fear of embarrassment and failure. I love watching ballet and ballroom dancing, green with envy, as the dancers glide across the rooms with elegant poise and grace, like the swans in the lake. I never thought I was talented in it and would not have even considered it as part of my curriculum. My last remote memory of a dance which I had participated would have been more than a decade ago when I was in college, representing my nation in a Taiwanese Immersion Programme. That was quite an experience though.

But now, my heart is literally dancing! I think I am in love!

"To be fond of dancing is a certain step towards falling in love."
(Jane Austen, 1775-1817)

I plucked up the courage and poured out my feelings for Him. Such boldness and intensity stunned and amazed even myself. I would never have done that back home.

There is no regret. We reach a deeper and more affectionate level of understanding and respect for each other. Emotions overflow and there is reassurance. And everyone in the workplace was wondering why I was grinning from ear to ear. The moment was so special. Romance and all...

"We should dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."

Hmmm...maybe I should take up ballroom dancing...perhaps with Him?