June 04, 2005

Sniff...Sniff...

Today is one important day for my longtime good pal, a lovely girl whom I have known since the tender age of 15. She is finally exchanging vows with her sweetheart, one who will hopefully cherish and love her for the rest of his life. He should have been one of the luckiest man on earth.

I wrote about her in January this year, under "Blessings". And my blessings never ceased flowing after that.

We met up a few times back home, where I returned to the embrace of my loved ones in February. That was the first time when I had the great honour of meeting her knight in shining armour (he's a huge one, alright). My happiness for her was overflowing and heartfelt, for they looked so loving and compatible together, the similar radiance and bliss glowing from their cheeks which spoke immense volumes of their affections for each other.

I called up one of my "kakis" on her mobile, while she was on her way to the dinner. It was simply exhilarating, if not euphoric, hearing an old friend's voice again, familiar and brimming with sincere care and concern. And with the wonders of radiation technology, I managed to send my regards to every one of my ex-high school mates who were present at the wedding, while attempting to soak in the joyous occasion despite not being physically available. I would be craning my neck daily, awaiting the pictures to be emailed to me, of the whole bunch cradling the bride, and "me" represented by my friend's mobile held significantly conspicious in the photo shoot as well. That would have been so nostalgic.

The bride, I heard, was stunning in her bridal gown. Yes, I can imagine her resembling a beautiful princess, wearing her dimpled smile and exuding charm from every single pore.

"A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems so short"- Andre Maurois (French Biographer, Novelist and Essayist, 1885-1967)

Perhaps I should tell Him how much I feel for Him as well...